Saturday 22 October 2022

WHAT ABOUT THE FRENCH DINKY-TOYS ?

I had several remarks from french readers who were happy if I wrote more articles on the french DINKY-TOYS made in the Bobigny factory... No problem, but as I stated previous, I don't want to produce a worse remake of good previous publications. I must admit that Jean-Michel Roulet's book on french DINKY-TOYS published by Atlas is THE book every serious collector should have, and this book is and remains the reference on the subject.

Therefore I will only write in that blog on variants an oddities that I could find and that aren't in this book (or in Mr Roulet's previous books, but I think that this one contains every detail published in all the previous ones). For example you can see here the #210 PEUGEOT 204 in metallic red and red interior pre-serial (without wordings "BTÉ S.G.D.G" on the base) mentioned by Mr Roulet on page 173... 


Having spoken with him, I know that Mr Roulet has also written a book on british DINKY-TOYS, which is bigger than the Atlas book on french production, but this book will certainly not be published for financial reasons. This is very sad, and I am always dreaming for it... Don't you ?

Post initially published on mar 18th, 2018.

Version française ici.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINKY-TOYS GB #27B/320 HALESOWEN FARM TRAILER

Post updated on Sept.17th, 2023 with a 6th version discovered ! DINKY-TOYS GB #27B/320 TRAILERS : side by side the earliest and the penultim...