Saturday 8 October 2022

The real value of unvaluable things...

 

You may have noticed that I never write anything on the value of the models...

Those who know me could tell you that for me it is a point which has only a relative importance. This is not a forbidden subject and it does not mean that models have or don't have value, but anyone knows that it is possible to discover one day and the next day the same model with awesome price differences : for example you can find in the same swapmeet a model priced 5 or 10 euros in a very good condition, and the same model in poor condition a few tables away for sale at 80 or 100 euros, or even more !

So I prefer in this blog to give no price estimations, instead of giving false ones. You can try to buy a model for 1000 euros even if it is only worth a tenth of this sum, and nothing prevents you to buy it if you see one... And believe me or not, I saw it in the past, at swapmeets and at auctions. Even in the toys world there are wolves and sheeps...

And if you add the affective aspect, a model could have a bigger value for someone (especially if you had it as a child of course)... An example on myself : for a lot of years I am searching a little service station I had as a child. A reasonable price for such a garage in good condition should not reach 25 euros, but I could spend 80 or 100 euros for it if I find one...

At least, for those who dont't know me, I must say that the goal of this blog is not to sell the models (some of them aren't in my own collection). I sell my doubles (I have some hundreds, perhaps a few thousands...) in french swapmeets (hoping to take part to a swapmeet in the UK...) and also on ebay. But nothing prevents you to send me a list of your searched models with the contact above...

Post originally published : jul 13th, 2016

Version française ici.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DINKY-TOYS GB #27B/320 HALESOWEN FARM TRAILER

Post updated on Sept.17th, 2023 with a 6th version discovered ! DINKY-TOYS GB #27B/320 TRAILERS : side by side the earliest and the penultim...